Wednesday, January 28, 2009

# 8 Reason Why I Hate Film School...They do not encourage creativity!

They are extremely formulaic in their approach to film making and anything that falls outside the norms is not considered to be worthy. I know that schools teach you logic and want you to be very left brained. Don't question anything and if you don't follow their rules and guidelines you will be reprimanded. I wanted to go to Film School because I thought it was going to encourage my creativity and to think outside of the box but I was completely wrong! I can't wait until I'm finished with Film School so I can start working on my ideas and not have such strict guidelines. I suppose I am learning my lesson and my advice to other people considering Film School is don't waste your time or money! A mentorship, apprenticeship type program would be ideal if you want to break into the film industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment