Wednesday, January 28, 2009

# 7 Reason Why I Hate Film School...They softball everything!

When I say softball everything I mean that they do not prepare you for the endless 16 hr days, the incredibly hard work, the amount of dedication it takes, or the amount of grief you will receive from your superiors. I have friends who currently work in the film industry and I know how hard they work and how much dedication it takes. When I talk to them about the real world and what I'm doing in Film School it is a joke. They laugh and tell me how it really is. It seems like regardless if it's film school or any other school they never teach you the realities of business and the working world. The only knowledge I have of the real world is through my friends and peers which I am thankful for so that when I'm finished with school I have some idea of what to expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment