Friday, October 30, 2009

#11 Reason I Hate Film School . . . I'm Not Even Sure I'm Learning Enough

Imagine this, a huge classroom, a small blackboard, sixty other students trying to catch the attention of your teacher. And this teacher? I doubt he's even made a film in the last five years. I don't really want to learn how to make a film that would have been a hit if it was still 2004.

In this fast-pacing industry, who even remembers what was big in 2004?

My point exactly.

And I'm dreaming big, I'm not holding myself back; I want to really make it in this industry. And I want to be able to make the best use of the person who's teaching me. One who wouldn't be too distracted from the other students who are also doing their best to do the same thing. And I want to be taught by someone who's done something in this field, someone who's been in it for a while and is still in it. He knows exactly what the current audience needs so our films can reach out and touch as many people as we can. Film is a great way to say something, and we need to know that we can get people to listen.

And how can we do that if we don't even know how to make them listen now?

No comments:

Post a Comment