Friday, November 27, 2009

#15 Reason I Hate Film School . . . When I Graduate, I Won't Find The Kind of Work I Studied For Right Away

Yes, that is true. When I graduate from a traditional film school, I won't be able to find the kind of work that I studied for. Most industries in this field would rather that you've got some experience under your belt before you could start working for them. They're not gonna appreciate your film school diploma, no matter how expensive it is and how much time and money you've invested in them. Nope, the best way to get noticed by the head honchos of the film-making industry is if you've got some internship experience, something to show them that aside from studying film, you know what to do once you're in a film set.

Trust me, they're not going to waste time teaching a complete newbie how to work around a set when they could find someone else with more experience and give the work to them. It's going to be hard to gain their trust with just a diploma and enthusiasm. So it's pretty frustrating to have spent all that time and money and still have to contend with the fact that after graduation, despite all the hard work I've done, I'm not that much closer to fulfilling my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment